10.4 million tonnes of Metsä Fibre pulp have been labelled with RFID tags since 2012.
10 seaports used by Metsä Fibre benefit from RFID tracking of pulp units.
25 per cent of Metsä Fibre customers use RFID tracking of pulp units on their own production lines.
BENEFITS OF RFID
- Unlike conventional barcodes, RFID tags do not need to be within the line of sight to be readable.
- More information can be saved on a tag than in a barcode, enabling individual identification of each product.
- Each pulp unit has its own RFID tag, providing details of its batch and number.
- RFID can be used with the SAP system for reliably delivering pulp from the warehouse, for supply chain tracking, and for invoicing.
- The tag enables Metsä Fibre Customers to check such aspects as the time of using the pulp batch, and its value on the Botnia FOX quality index by consulting the FibreOnline service.